Colossus Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeContent PackLatest imagesRegisterLog inDonate Now!

:: N.I.A Database :: - :: Planet Database :: Monolith

Go down 
AuthorMessage

:: N.I.A Database :: - :: Planet Database :: Monolith Empty
PostSubject: :: N.I.A Database :: - :: Planet Database :: Monolith   :: N.I.A Database :: - :: Planet Database :: Monolith Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 6:16 am

Monolith - W.I.P

:: N.I.A Database :: - :: Planet Database :: Monolith Terran_planet_0

Orbital photograph taken from an XE-935 'Pegasus' Planetary Exploration Drone. The noticeable water is the only source of it on the planet, spanning about three hundred miles south of what can be seen before turning into a major gulf

Year Founded:- 2163

Founders:- New International Alliance Exploration Team / Colonization by Royal Lance Group

Capital City:- Olympus

One Planetary Rotation:- 36 Standard Hours

Climate:

24ºC = 75.200ºF Average [Day]
12ºC = 53.600ºF Average [Night]

Current Population:-

Pre-Invasion - 548, 160 Aprox.
Post-Invasion - 548, 010 Aprox.

Police Force:-

Pre-Invasion - Morellis Planetary Private Security Contracting[CPF]
Post-Invasion -Morellis Planetary Private Security Contracting

Main Cities:-

Olympus (Pop. 250,360 Aprox.)
Myst (Pop. 164,000 Aprox.)
Hyperion (Pop. 40,340 Aprox.)
Merlin (Pop. 60, 140 Aprox.)
Altimis (Pop. 23,090 Aprox.)
Valhalla (Pop. 10,230 Aprox.)

Main Exports:- Rare Minerals, Iconel 625, 5Cr-Mo-V, Tungsten Carbide

Photographs:-
:: N.I.A Database :: - :: Planet Database :: Monolith Planets-over-the-mountains-4513-400x250
:: N.I.A Database :: - :: Planet Database :: Monolith 327263_planeta_gora_pik_oblaka_vysota_sputnik_kosmos_1938x1136
:: N.I.A Database :: - :: Planet Database :: Monolith 10862

Key Features:- Monolith is made up primarily of high mountainous terrain, valleys and a stretch of ocean that takes up 30% of the planet's surface. The Highest elevation on the planet is 16817.645 meters ASL.

Locations to Note:- To Be Added Soon...

Planet Backstory:-
Upon the first arrival of the settlers in 2160, Monolith was a majestic landscape covered in mountainous terrain and rolling hills, the soft fertile land needed for successful colonization efforts far in between. Despite the drawback of this unfortunate circumstance, the settlers couldn't help but address the possibilities of this planet. The first city of Olympus was founded later that year, having been assisted by many private companies who came to realize the planet's potential in both residential, scientific, and military gain. Eventually, the settlers were given the support of the New International Alliance, establishing more cities that dotted the landscape. "This planet is gods gift to the Universe.." one settler said, making reference to the divine appearance of his surroundings. He went on to say, "You don't realize what kind of a jewel you have and how much it's worth until you throw it away. This planet will not end up like Earth, I can assure you of that."

As more and more exploratory teams were set up to begin scouring the terrain for more sights for colonization efforts, they were greeted with both stunning... and eerie locations. While other teams were busy taking in the views, one team in particular, ET-105, began to stumble upon odd areas of interest. A radio conversation can be found linked.

Radio Transmission:

:: N.I.A Database :: - :: Planet Database :: Monolith Underground%20city%20Wallpaper__yvt2

ET-105 had, unknowingly, made one of the most important discoveries in the field of archaeology since the unearthing of the first dinosaur fossil in 1676. Upon entering the caves and traversing it's long and harrowing tunnels, the Exploration Team eventually came face to face with a completely abandoned underground city. The remains of the area were completely intact. Large buildings made of an unknown alloy and metal were held together to the supporting rock that connects the sub-surface to the ceiling. The marble fountains continued to deliver their water, the pitter patter of each drop audible for city blocks. Small posts of unending light illuminated the walkways that crisscrossed the major areas, as well as the dirt paths. It was everything a normal city contained... without the population. Team after team was sent into the city for look for signs of life, but to no avail. Not a single soul was present in this ghost city. Not one.

It took approximately nine months to explore the whole of the city, the search for the city's inhabitants eventually coming to a halt. Though what they had left behind was a wealth of knowledge relating to their religion, beliefs and military influence. This race of beings, seemingly highly intelligent, eventually became known as the Ignotus. The spire in the center of the city could only be interpreted to be their place of worship, being that it was the tallest building in the entire city. The tall spire was amazingly brilliant, the supports of the tower connecting at every 200 meters or so. They would then arch down into the sub-surface, the legs emitting a blue light all the way down. Scientists and researchers continue to this day to analyze the artifacts found at Apex Site, the dubbed name of the city.

Months after the discovery of the Apex Site, more and more areas of interest were found by NIA Exploration Teams. Ancient burial tombs of massive sizes were discovered all over the planet. Pillars about one hundred meters in height shot up towards the ceiling, supporting it from crumbling to the ground. The pillars themselves would be made from a unique stone, only native to Monolith. Some parts would glow a faint blue color, making serpentine shapes as it moves up the length of the pillar. The chambers as a whole was rather dark, a faint light coming from the center of the catacombs. It seemed like it took hours to get from the outer area of the burial chamber to the center, the faint whurring of energy audible every step of the way. They had finally reached the end of the outer tombs, finding themselves face to face with the area used for the tombs of the most recognized individuals of Ignotus society. Standing before them were large gates, light shining down in gleaming rays from an unknown source. The sheer warmth of the light from the unknown source gave them an uneasy feeling, however the exploration team continued on with their mission. Passing the gates, a large circular area layed before them. They had reached the inner keep. Statues surrounded the hall, the figures shown in galiant and heroic poses as their weapons were raised into the air. The source of the light could now be confirmed. Above the explorers laid a sheet of magma, simply staying their in a motionless state.Samples were collected and brought back to the NIA Forward Exploration Outpost for analysis.

:: N.I.A Database :: - :: Planet Database :: Monolith Dwarrowdelf_LoTR

:: N.I.A Database :: - :: Planet Database :: Monolith Tomb_of_the_God_Emperor_by_artmaru

Years and years passed, the NIA having set up multiple cities around the planet with the help of private corporations and companies. Though there weren't that many, their sheer sizes made up for it. Olympus, Monolith's established capital, was the biggest of them all. It was the most funded, most maintained and most defended city on the planet. Glass buildings shot up into the blue, windless sky. Defenses were set up in the surrounding mountains, primarily to keep out any unwelcomed visitors. The NIA had even sent in their own defense fleet to help keep tabs on the rich planet. The NIA fleet was commanded by a man by the name of William H. King, an Admiral of the NIA Navy. He had studied the land of Monolith deeply in the case that it would be needed to defend the planet. His tactical genius combined with his knowledge of the planet gave him a home-field gave him a supreme advantage over any invading force. He was known for his involvement with the battle of Insurrectionist forces at The Battle of Melvin IV, Kynlen XI and The Assault on the Insurrectionist "Liberation" Fleet. All were successfully won with a staggering amount of life kept intact in the NIA's favor. The provided defense fleet for Monolith incorporated three Valiant Heavy Cruisers, six Triton Class Light Frigates and two Daedalus-Class Heavy Destroyers. Of the ground forces, whome were under the command of the Morellis Planetary Private Security Contracting, there were three batallions of infantry, three mechanized regiments and two armored regiments. The NIA was also in control of three Skyfire Planetary Defense Platforms, each capable of ripping a capital ship in half if it were to cruise into it's powerful energy pulse.

:: N.I.A Database :: - :: Planet Database :: Monolith Water_caprica_city

:: N.I.A Database :: - :: Planet Database :: Monolith XGsKgc8

::More To Be added!::

Last edited by HereticsEnd on Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:44 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: :: N.I.A Database :: - :: Planet Database :: Monolith   :: N.I.A Database :: - :: Planet Database :: Monolith Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 1:54 pm

Yaaay, Monolith. Thank you for posting this xD. Can't wait to see the backstory section
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: :: N.I.A Database :: - :: Planet Database :: Monolith   :: N.I.A Database :: - :: Planet Database :: Monolith Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 2:59 pm

Very Happy Yeah. It'll be good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: :: N.I.A Database :: - :: Planet Database :: Monolith   :: N.I.A Database :: - :: Planet Database :: Monolith Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 6:00 pm

Updated. More to be added!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: :: N.I.A Database :: - :: Planet Database :: Monolith   :: N.I.A Database :: - :: Planet Database :: Monolith Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 8:22 pm

Absolutely amazing. Loving how this is developing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: :: N.I.A Database :: - :: Planet Database :: Monolith   :: N.I.A Database :: - :: Planet Database :: Monolith Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 7:29 pm

More Updates and shit. Going to bed. Too tired fo this shit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: :: N.I.A Database :: - :: Planet Database :: Monolith   :: N.I.A Database :: - :: Planet Database :: Monolith Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 4:25 pm

Turning out great man :]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: :: N.I.A Database :: - :: Planet Database :: Monolith   :: N.I.A Database :: - :: Planet Database :: Monolith Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2014 9:04 am

Just so people are aware if they decide to take Monolith as their homeworld. In the lore Monolith is now under Mageran control which isn't really stated anywhere.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: :: N.I.A Database :: - :: Planet Database :: Monolith   :: N.I.A Database :: - :: Planet Database :: Monolith Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2014 11:43 am

I'll be updating it soon. I haven't worked on it for a while.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: :: N.I.A Database :: - :: Planet Database :: Monolith   :: N.I.A Database :: - :: Planet Database :: Monolith Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

:: N.I.A Database :: - :: Planet Database :: Monolith
Page 1 of 1